Skip to main content

Our Services

Three UC San Diego students talk on campus

One-on-one consultations

UC San Diego undergraduate, graduate, and Extension undocumented students may meet with our staff to discuss any topics related to their status. Many students rely on this service for graduate school preparation, travel advice, family concerns, personal guidance, legal rights, and referrals.

Currently all appointments with the program manager  and assistant coordinator will take place over Zoom. Book your Zoom appointment for Spring Quarter HERE.

Our Center provides a safe space for students to share their concerns and disclose their immigration status to trained staff who understand the complexities of undocumented students. Some common questions we receive from our students are:

  • Can I study abroad? 
  • Is it safe to travel to another state or U.S. territory such as Texas and Hawaii?
  • Is my financial aid affected by my immigration status?
  • Can I renew DACA? Is the program  still available?
  • Do I have access to health insurance (SHIP)? 
  • Do I need to accept SHIP if I have MediCal?
  • Do I qualify for CalFresh?
  • How do I get an internship on campus? 
  • I am a DACA recipient, what should I put on a job application?
  • Should I disclose to a potential employer that I would like to be sponsored?
  • Can I work on campus as an undocumented student? 
  • What do I need to consider as I look for off-campus housing?

Immigration legal services 

  • Our legal services program offers in-depth immigration consultation, legal advice, and representation for UC San Diego undergraduate, graduate, and Extension undocumented students and their immediate family (exclusions apply).
  • Our immigration attorney is available for one-on-one consultations with students either in person or over the phone. The most common services include DACA renewals, Adjustment of Status, and Naturalization.
  • Students with DACA are highly encouraged by our immigration attorney to begin the renewal process now. The U.S. Supreme Court is set to make a decision on DACA, which could prevent further renewals. Do not wait to renew.

  • Appointments with our immigration attorney are only available through Zoom. This change was made considering that many forms can be signed, scanned, and shared electronically. In some cases, an in-person appointment may be required, but that will be determined by our attorney and he will inform the client in advance. Book your Zoom appointment for Spring Quarter HERE.

  • Many of the students who access these services are Lawful Permanent Residents and U.S. citizens in need of services for themselves or an immediate family member. 
  • Once per quarter we hold presentations that cover immigration topics of relevance to students, such as updates on legislation changes.
  • Undocumented students interested in doing any traveling in the state should make an appointment with our attorney to assess their travel plans.

Instant Messaging

To facilitate a more rapid response to your questions, we are now offering instant messaging through Telegram. The app is available on multiple platforms, it is easy to use, and messages are encrypted. Messages sent to us through the app will only be seen by the program manager or assistant coordinator. We will attempt to answer your questions in real-time, Monday-Friday between 9am - 5pm and only answer emergency messages after hours. The account is up and running, just search for "UCSDUndocServices" or "858-822-6916" and our logo. Give it a try!

Other services

  • Campus ally presentations (coming soon!)
  • Referrals to other campus departments

Make an appointment

Select an appointment type that best meets your needs. This appointment system is only for enrolled students, including incoming students. Non-enrolled prospective students and community members must email for assistance.

Undocumented Student Services online booking